Accounts Receivable Clerk
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
- Ensure all deposits are entered into the accounting system daily.
- Process all customer credit card payments and enter into the accounting system.
- Assist internal collections by supplying information as needed. Ensure invoicing is completed daily, including distribution to customers.
- Process Requests for Account Credit Memos, attach proper documents within the accounting system, distribute as needed.
- Enter data from all deposits into the accounting software.
- Verify the payment to the system and investigate any discrepancies. Answer customer questions on cash application.
- Responsible for accuracy, completeness and consistency of all records.
- Provide support for annual audit, which may include research and reconciliation in order to meet auditor requirements.
- Share in the responsibility with the rest of the team as being in the queue for answering incoming calls.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all customers.
- Promptly address any customer concerns and assure resolution in order to maintain positive long-term relationships.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with company associates.
- Professionally resolve any issues in order to capitalize on all business growth opportunities.
- Two -year degree in accounting or two years experience in related field.
- Problem solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to take initiative to quickly research and identify the right solution to uncommon issues or inquiries.
- Proficient Excel Skills: Ability to create formulas, subtotals, vlookups. Ability to manage and manipulate spreadsheets with voluminous data.
- Oral and Written Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and calmly.
- Ability to compose succinct email messages. Customer Service: Manages difficult client/customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Quality Control: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Accounting Knowledge – Basic knowledge of accounting. Ability to work independently with little immediate supervision.
- Safety and Security: Observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
- SAP Accounting Software preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time