E-Commerce Merchandising Manager
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
Rather Outdoors is seeking a highly motivated and very hands-on E-Commerce Merchandising Manager who will work collaboratively with the Director of E-commerce D2C, as well as the Consumer Service and Sales teams, in all aspects of web merchandising. This position demonstrates an understanding of basic e-commerce principles and has an interest in the digital landscape across selling platforms and marketing channels to build a competitive advantage. We are looking for a forward thinker who can identify impactful insights and communicate these learnings, while possessing a can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Cross-functional communication & collaboration.
- Responsible for merchandising the site to deliver a compelling product experience resulting in improved customer conversion rates.
- Leverage website analytics (Google Analytics) to understand performance and customer interaction with categories, featured product placement, and general online shopping experiences to help identify opportunities and wins.
- Consistently look for opportunity to improve product display pages on site through enhanced product attributing, imagery, or user experience.
- Participates in the alignment of product photography, copy strategies and digital marketing.
- Monitors inventory for key products on site to ensure that email and digital marketing are well supported.
- Responsible to communicate inventory positions of products featured in web content for homepage, landing pages, category pages and site promotions.
- Strategizes new ways of executing category offers, cross-sell/up-sell strategies to drive volume
Support merchandising strategies for our E-tailer and Retail.com accounts as needed.
- Works closely with Consumer Service Team in troubleshooting product or customer issues that arise Stays current with Ecommerce, market, and industry trends.
- Performs other website tasks as needed.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- Ability to work independent of others, demonstrating resourcefulness, accountability, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-changing environment.
- Must possess Strong computer skills, ability to quickly learn how to navigate various software programs.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications skills.
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, when attending trade shows and other events, standing for up to 8 hours a day may be requires, along with moderate lifting, bending, pushing and/or pulling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.