Manager ERP NA
About the job
The Manager of ERP is responsible for the successful North American delivery and organizational integration of Rather Outdoors’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system as part of the global team. The scope of the program includes both technology and business transformation across the domains of Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution, Master Data and others. The Manager will provide the necessary leadership for the creation and design of the detailed ERP systems solutions architecture and implementation. They will lead the integrated solution design, configuration and development tasks that include not only the technology architecture but also the related business processes and information management required for the ERP program and function to be successful. This will require strong leadership of both internal staff and external implementation partners. The Manager will work in close partnership with Finance, Supply Chain, Business Owners and field leadership, this position is responsible for the implementation of standardized global business processes across the organization and ensuring that they are maintained and adhered to consistently. They will be a key driver of change across the global organization and will be accountable for supporting enterprise change management, communications, day to day support and training. Will be a hands on
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Drive a coordinated approach to ERP-related business process changes and technical system integration across all related ERP domains to ensure the integrity of the overall design. Coordinate the contributions of external consultants, business functional leads, project managers, as well as business and IT leaders and field SMEs from Finance, Supply Chain, as well as other stakeholders from across the organization.
- Serve as ERP Solution Architect: Understand business drivers and business capabilities (current and future state) and determine corresponding ERP solution architecture design and change requirements to drive targeted business outcomes. Provide subject matter expertise and leading edge-thinking on trends, methodologies, tools, and techniques that will be useful to ERP program activities and the organization as a whole.
- Own and Oversee Technical Configuration Work: Ensure ERP design and configuration work is being conducted based on a well-developed ERP solutions architecture and a detailed set of business, functional and technical requirements.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems and technology and be able to implement and develop the solution on the database level
- Work closely with US and International Programs to ensure adoption of the systems, ensure business process redesign and standardization, helps to build capacities throughout the organization and anticipate and engender cultural changes that ensure successful implementation.
- Provide Technical and Functional Leadership of the ERP Core Team: Coach, mentor, and influence Technical and Business Core Team members. Ensure domain-specific project management tasks for the ERP program are being effectively conducted.
- Provide ERP Project Management Oversight: Ensure ERP project manager is effectively conducting day-to-day ERP project management. Model Project Management discipline in all in aspects of ERP program design, development, implementation, and support. Work to Forecast, analyze and control the ERP program budget.
- Provide ERP Change Management Oversight: Ensure change management is being effectively planned and managed and that stakeholder engagement, communication, and all levels of required training is being effectively executed. Ensure the change management is fully integrated into ERP deployment planning and rollout strategy and plan.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT as a hands-on developer and business leader
- 5+ years’ experience as an enterprise level ERP system
- Previous management experience delivering increasingly complex ERP systems implementations preferred
- Successfully led at least large, complex, full-lifecycle ERP implementations utilizing an enterprise ERP system for Finance and Supply Chain.
- Three to five years of leadership responsibility managing midsize to large teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of financial and supply chain operational process flows (i.e., order to cash, procure to pay, record to report),
- Ability to develop strong partnership with the business community. Self-motivated and a problem solver who can assess and develop strategies for achieving the needs of the user community. Drives operational efficiency and identifies, documents, and monitors key business processes within the scope of ERP needed to achieve successful business results. Analyzes, maps and documents process and develops a framework for process standardization and improvement
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and develop written reporting and presentational content with level-appropriate messaging up to and including the senior executive level.
Must be able to work at the database level and understand and execute the details. A .net or other enterprise coding language developer that has worked on the ERP side. Would rather have someone from a Microsoft of Epicor background. Net Suite. This is someone that has started on the SW development side and learned the ERP or Business Side. Has done a large-scale implementation Would not mind a mixture of consulting and corporate work. Needs to be of some sort of size, multiple distribution centers, and locations. Understand GAAP assignments and how the business works.