Social Media Associate
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
We’re looking for that person that is self-motivated, willing to take on challenges head-on and is able to adapt as needed to find solutions on the spot to ensure a project is executed at the highest level.
- Assists the Senior Social Media Manager with development & execution of cross-channel social media campaigns.
- Leads day-to-day management of the Strike King & Lew’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, Fish Brain) including post scheduling, page monitoring, proactive follower/content engagement, data benchmarking and content sourcing from influencers/pro staff members.
- Utilize marketing tools (Sprout Social, social page insights, Google Analytics) to review data, glean insights and report monthly dashboards that highlight progress towards annual goals for each social media platform.
- Assists the Senior Social Media Manager with influencer management.
- Engages in proactive research to aid with brand initiatives. i.e.) industry research, social media listening, following and engaging with relevant accounts/potential customers, competitor research.
- Ensures that all marketing messages are delivered on time and to the appropriate channels based on the brands’ master content calendars.
- Proactively generates high level marketing ideas to be executed across multiple platforms.
_ Qualifications: _
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related area preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience managing social media for a brand or company entity (ecommerce brand preferably) is highly preferred.
- Passion for the outdoors and, ideally, knowledge about the fishing industry and gear.
- Moderate photography and video editing experience preferred.
- Experience with drafting creative briefs and tasking creative team members a bonus.
- Self-starter with a proven track record contributing to a team that works in cross-team partnership in development of social/digital campaigns that drive results.
- A hunger for data. The ability to analyze key performance metrics and provide insights/recommendations based on the data.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at once and to shift priorities as the role calls for it.
- Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills required.
- Working knowledge of SEO, email marketing, blog content, grassroots marketing and public relations tactics preferred.
- Previous experience managing paid social elements for brands a plus (key channels: YouTube/Google, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok)
- An eager, quick learner, able to work independently and cross-departmentally, and ability to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Social media marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Content creation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location