Social Media Manager
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands focused on fishing and life outdoors. We are looking for a Social Media Manager who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenge of creating and executing social media strategies that stimulate targeted audiences.
We're looking for that person that is self-motivated, willing to take challenges head-on, and is able to adapt as needed to find solutions on the spot to ensure a project is executed at the highest level.
- In coordination with Marketing Management, develop social media campaigns and strategies from beginning to implementation to support Rather Outdoors's marketing initiatives on social channels.
- Generate clear, strategic ideas and concepts in tandem with the greater marketing team.
- Mange and innovate social media creative content by developing creative briefs and working closely with Design team to develop content.
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience for all brands.
- Manage social paid media budget while utilizing resources to consistently deliver results.
- Present strategies, analysis, and key learnings regularly to senior management.
- Identify trends, relevant industry news and opportunities across the social media landscape.
- Maintain awareness of all branded social media actively while understanding best-in-class tactics and always displaying the utmost professionalism on social media.
- Analyze results from campaigns to determine audience engagement and consumer behavior in order to determine best practices for current and future social media marketing initiatives.
- Field and fulfill product order request from Pro Staff & Influencers.
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members.
- Stay on top of all scheduled posts daily and adjust as needed to accommodate changes that affect future scheduled social media post.
- Maintain constant engagement with followers--track and communicate any product related issues and/or feedback with Consumer Services, Product Manager(s), and Brand Manager(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related area with three (3) to five (5) years professional experience preferred.
- Extensive experience working in digital and social media strategy, analytics, planning, and buying with an industry related brand or media agency.
- Strong understanding of social media landscape including, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and other popular or emerging platforms as well as influencer marketing and branding as it relates to the fishing industry.
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and/or planogram design tools preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of audience vernacular as it relates to sport fishing.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, when attending trade shows and other events, standing for up to 8 hours a day may be requires, along with moderate lifting, bending, pushing and/or pulling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.