Supply Chain Cost & Reporting Analyst
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We are proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
- Collecting and analyzing data about a company’s operational costs
- Setting standard costs of manufactured goods and assisting with BOM creation, review, and adjustment
- Developing and analyzing cost standards
- Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
- Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
- Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
- Design business analyses and data recording systems for use throughout the department
- Maintain databases and perform updates as necessary to ensure accuracy
- Queries multiple data sources and produces reports such using visualization tools like Power BI, etc.
- Analyzes data and provides insights and recommendations for organizational planning and operations
- Creates business analytics by synthesizing information from multiple sources of data for business decisions and strategic planning
- Manages consolidation of complex data into meaningful information systems
- Maintains documentation and updates reports as data system enhancements are put into place and/or business rules evolve
- Perform database queries, data transfer extracts, and custom reports as requested
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service to both internal and external staff and suppliers
- Acts in a collaborative function for research design, data collection, interpretation, and presentation
- Works with key stakeholders to identify reporting needs, defines the reporting requirements, designs the report, and writes the code required to deliver the reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology or related field with a minimum of two (2) years or more successful experience in a complex organizational environment
- Experience in SAP, object-oriented programming, and other data analysis programs
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to use SQL and Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs, and charts
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- General knowledge of supply chain, business operations, objectives, strategies, process, and information flow
- Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications such as specialized Business Intelligence software, SQL query language, Microsoft Access, SharePoint, and other database applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications skills.
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.