About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
We are looking for a candidate that is a self-starter, able to take initiative and manage projects from inception to completion. This individual will have a firm understanding of the creative process in a corporate environment and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and turn productions quickly, while maintaining a high-level or production quality.
- Manage the video editing process, including editing video, editing and mixing audio, visual effects, motion graphics, color correction and finishing
- Manager and maintain corporate video assets in a highly-organized fashion
- Edit footage in post-production
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot production software
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state-of-the-art video production technology and software
- Excel at producing a wide range of content, commercials, web, social, and digital series (15-25 minutes)
- Bachelor's Degree in film, advertising, or related field or 3 years professional experience.
- Mastery in Film Production Software such as; Adobe Creative Suite software, (Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator), DaVinci Resolve, etc.
- Keen understanding of post productions' role in creating compelling stories
- High-level experience with editing
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Able to work under a deadline
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate production hours
- Motion Graphics (After Effects) and 3D Animation experience a plus
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.
Sizzle Reel or Portfolio must be submitted for consideration.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.