Visual Merchandising Manager
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands focused on fishing and a life spent outdoors. We are looking for a creative Visual Merchandising Manager who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and loves the challenge of delivering retail merchandising & packaging strategies that stimulate targeted audiences.
We’re looking for that person that is self-motivated, willing to take on challenges head-on, and is able to adapt as needed to find solutions on the spot to ensure a project is executed at the highest level.
- Assess owned & competitor in-store/retail merchandising campaigns and packaging to identify opportunities
- In coordination with: Brand Managers, Sales, Brand Marketing Directors & Design team—provide retail display & merchandising strategies and solutions to best represent our brands and products and engage consumers
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the greater Marketing team
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience for all brands
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all retail display & packaging trends and maintain best practices
- Work with Design team to produce and present sketches, storyboards and/or rough concepts to visualize ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing; Graphic Design; Fine Arts or related area with five years professional experience preferred
- Previous Merchandising and/or Retail management experience
- Hands on experience with retail display & package design
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and/or planogram design tools preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.