VP - Brand Management
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands focused on fishing and a life spent outdoors. We are looking for a VP - Brand Management that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and thrives on the challenge of delivering innovative growth strategies to ensure the continues success of our storied brands.
We are seeking a candidate that is self-motivated, willing to take challenges head-on, and that is able to adapt as needed to find solutions on the spot to ensure a project is executed at the highest level. The VP - Brand Management is responsible for the long-term growth and profitability of the brands.
- Builds the strategic direction for the brand
- Owns the profitability of the brand
- Maintain relationships with key National Accounts and leads key strategic meetings with customers
- Ultimate ownership of the portfolio including special make ups and sku rationalization
- Owns any licensing strategy associated with the brand
- Promote teamwork within Rather Outdoors that includes: Marketing, Sales, and Product Development teams
- Four (4) year degree in Marketing, or Business related area.
- Fishing or Outdoors experience preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in Marketing that includes increasing responsibilities, leading a team and supervisor deliverables.
- Ability to research and understand trend to develop strategies accordingly.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication.
- Must possess interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, when attending trade shows and other events, standing for up to 8 hours a day may be requires, along with moderate lifting, bending, pushing and/or pulling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.