Demand Generation and Analytics Lead
About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
- Oversee and manage SEO/SEM strategies and tactics that drive an increase in high quality organic traffic and leads for the global D2C websites.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with marketing and product teams to develop strategies to meet and exceed the company goals.
- Support retail with geographically targeted campaigns to drive foot traffic and in store sales.
- Track and measure all online sales and programs; designing test strategies and creative to optimize results.
- Develop and execute an online customer acquisition plan designed to maximize site traffic and sales demand.
- Maximize paid/natural search traffic and order conversion, while meeting cost per acquisition targets.
- Partner with global marketing teams to develop and execute all email marketing, including programs in support of other sales channels.
- Analyze operational efficiencies, user experience and performance to make improvements and maximize future opportunities.
- Ensure effective creative development and execution to support program.
- Monitor competitor marketing efforts and industry trends to take appropriate preemptive and responsive action; staying informed of industry developments relating to digital marketing.
- Provide competitive tracking, analysis, and reporting on a regular basis.
- Define the optimal customer web site experience, including working with internal/external teams on the development and maintenance of web content and translating our customer’s needs into new site features and new services.
- Proactively suggest additional enhanced features, functions and capabilities of the website to support business objectives & strategy.
- Ensure best practices across all digital-related efforts and initiatives and pushing the envelope in a manner appropriate with the demands of our customers.
- Work with ecommerce sales team to optimize digital marketing efforts on Ecommerce “pure play” accounts such as Amazon.com.
- Minimum of 5 years professional online marketing experience with hands-on experience in email marketing, SEO, SEM, affiliate programs, re-targeting, product/inventory XML data feed.
- Experience in website analytics with proven ability to use the metrics to drive business decisions.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot website technical issues.
- Experience with the following technologies would be considered an asset: Google Analytics, YouTube, Facebook Business, MailChimp, Google AdWords & Google Tag Manager.
- Highly computer savvy including interactive and social networking expertise.
- Strong understanding of project management best practices; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with multiple contacts.
- Ability to track and analyze web site performance.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, creativity, and attention to detail are a must.
- Experience, understanding and passion for digital marketing.
- Balanced creative and analytical capabilities.
- Experience working with multiple outside agencies.
- Familiarity of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML & CSS beneficial but not required.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications skills.
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law