About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Make recommendations for improvements to be presented to management.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning and forecasting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.,
- Analyze the company’s historical performance and KPI metrics for long-term planning.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Perform special projects and requests
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience, M&A exposure preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques.
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions.
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Azure, SQL, Power BI, etc.)
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications skills.
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.