About the job
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
We are looking for a visionary storyteller that can capture top-tier content that can be turned into a compelling and relevant story that will connect with the target audience. We require a person that is elf-motivated, willing to take challenges head-on, and is able to adapt as needed to find solutions on the spot to ensure a project is executed at the highest level.
- Film videos on set or on location (65% time will be spent on a boat)
- Shoot and edit a variety of video styles (product, lifestyle, interview, social media, long & short form digital series)
- Edit footage in post-production
- Comfortable filing with Sony A7Siii, FX6, GoPro and DJI Drones
- Willing to travel up to 20-40% of the year
- Comfortable filming outdoors and/or on boats for long periods of time
- Bachelor's Degree in film, advertising, or related field or 3 years professional experience.
- Strong understanding of videography and storytelling
- High-level experience with operating cameras, filming & editing
- Proficiency in Premiere and the Creative Cloud
- Able to work under a deadline
- Self-motivated and passionate about improving your craft
- Experience with shooting product videos preferred
- Experience in special effects using After Effects preferred
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.
Sizzle Reel or Portfolio must be submitted for consideration.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.